Friday, May 14, 2010

NOW FOR SOME FABRICATION

i decided to actually produce some physical models models some I could interpret the slight differences between the physical and virtual models. What I ended up envisioning as ‘slight differences’ turned out to be large differences with one of the model, but that was because I didn’t put it together correctly to start with, but its all a learning curve right?

I laser cut these 2 models (first model shown in this post) using 3mm MBF board. I think they turned out pretty well. I was able to adjust the first model to represent a standing form. Originally it was to be laid down. I wasn’t to fussed on the stuff up though, it was only a physical production of the curve exercise which I posted previously.

This is the laser cut curve exercise with masking tape to hold the individual elements in place on the board as I hadn’t numbered the pieces.

IMG_0852

Half way through the compiling of pieces:

IMG_0854

IMG_0855

IMG_0856

IMG_0857

Extra layers start to provide a unique shape, clearly producing the 3 curves that the form was lofted from:

IMG_0858

IMG_0859

IMG_0860

IMG_0862

I then came to the position of making an alteration or two to the form. Because I had made an error to begin with, I knew the form couldn’t sit the way it was intended to, but I played around with what could be changed, and ended up standing the form upright, acting somewhat as a tower:

IMG_0863

IMG_0864

IMG_0865

No comments:

Post a Comment