Monday, May 24, 2010

MY IDEAS IN MY HEAD ARE NOT JUMPING INTO MY PROGRAMS LIKE I WISH THEY WOULD

been at this most of the day. Can’t seem to figure out some things in my programs, which in turn is slowing my progress down. Why oh why wont my ideas jump out of my head and materialise on my computer screen. Anyhow, I ended up cutting my loses and went with a representation of what i really wanted to produce. Its close, but it can and will be better. Ended up using grasshopper for this one. Need to make some adjustments to it so that the structural supports go down to the ground in some areas. Once my other organic structural piece is added to the roofing elements (as well as the office tower that needs to go up) I think that it will be looking pretty good.

2010-05-24_004550

2010-05-24_005039

2010-05-24_010038

2010-05-24_010211

2010-05-24_010414

2010-05-24_010511

1 comment:

  1. Due to the nature and programmatic needs of your building I think it may be good to keep the freight building very simple. The complexity will come to that part when you figure out the structure, materials, and all the program within. This also leaves you with the opportunity to really make your tower the focal point of the design. Consider what the role of the tower would be for the building, the client, and the people that use it. As we previously discussed what are the visual connections that can be made from the tower? How does the tower relate to the context of the site, the airport? Perhaps the tower stands alone from the building and further complexity can added by the circulation and connections between the two bldgs. There are many opportunities here and it will be interesting to see how you progress. You may want to look at the work of Architects such as Richard Rogers, Norman Foster, and Renzo Piano to see how they have dealt with some very large buildings with simple forms but very complex systems.

    ReplyDelete