Saturday, May 8, 2010

BRISBANE AIRPORT - FREIGHT/CARGO TERMINAL

So, to catch you up, we needed to produce a 'pitch' report to explain what we wanted to do with our project. I chose to concentrate on the freight/cargo area within the airport. My research illuminated the lacking feature of this in Brisbane Airport.

One of our tasks was to rework the current masterplan. I chose not to drastically change this, however I did point to an increase in public transport around the entire airport zone, as well as an internal system of transportation. I also tried to utilise the close proximity of the Brisbane River by incorporating a canal system to ship freight out via shipping channels.

Here is a satellite image of Brisbane Airport:



A closer view of the export park/zone within the Brisbane Airport site:



My Pitch board:


1 comment:

  1. Brisbane Airport is guaranteed to set the perfect opening scene for your Brisbane experience. Its a modern, fresh, super-efficient hub of activity, and it's conveniently located just 20 minutes from the city centre.

    ReplyDelete